Volunteers serve a priceless role as part of Excell's hospice team. Our volunteers share their talents and interest with patients, providing comfort, support and joy for those we serve. Volunteers serve on a regularly scheduled basis and contribute to the quality of life of patients through tasks such as:
- Providing companionship through friendly visits, active listening, bedside sitting and letter writing.
- Sharing hobbies and interests like reading, gardening, listening to music, sports, travel and crafts.
- Assisting with errands, grocery shopping, picking up prescriptions or medical supplies.
- Giving family and other caregivers respite or the ability to run errands.
- Helping with light housekeeping, dish washing, laundry and meal preparation.
Excell Hospice can only provide the best in personal service and quality of care with the invaluable help of our volunteers. To learn more about opportunities or to get involved, contact us.